Remembering loved ones
Creating beautiful keepsakes
For a variety of reasons, Make-a-Memory Workshops will now occur the SECOND Thursday of each month!!!!
- Date: SECOND Thursday of each month
- Time: (same time) 4-8pm
- Place: Michael’s Place Family Support Center
On the second Thursday of each month, Michael’s Place offers grieving children, teens, adults and families the opportunity to create any one
of several items to remember a loved one who has died:
- Memory Quilt - Copy pictures onto fabric, use favorite T-shirts, ties or clothing that belonged to your loved one to make a quilt or wall hanging. Our memorial quilt is intended to be a growing project! We would like to have another section of the quilt ready to display for our 10th anniversary in October. If you haven't yet worked with Nancy and our volunteers to make a quilt block in memory of your loved one, please come to the Make-a-Memory work-shop to start (or complete) one. If that Thursday doesn?t work for you, call or talk to Nancy to arrange an-other time. You don?t have to do the sewing!!! You just bring a picture and the memories. We?ll help you from there!
- Memory Box - Keep memories of a loved one in a special box that you can look at when you want to, share with someone if you choose to, or keep for yourself so you won’t forget
- Memory Book - Similar to a scrapbook, but with special pages added to record memories of a loved one who has died
- Memory Pillow - Copy pictures onto fabric and make into a pillow to hug for comfort
- Memory Bear, Puppy or Butterfly - Use a favorite piece of clothing that belonged to your loved one to make into a stuffed animal to cuddle
- Movie of Memories - Use the Movie Maker program on our computers to transform pictures, video clips, and music tracks into a movie in honor of your loved one
Participants do not have to know how to sew, scrapbook or use the computer to make one of these projects. We have volunteers who will help you. Just bring pictures, articles of clothing, or special items to use in the project.
All Michael’s Place services are provided free of charge on the basis of goodwill.
For more information or directions, please call (231) 947-6453.