Whether a company is large or small and the death is sudden and unexpected, or drawn-out and anticipated, the death affects the employer and the employees alike. Co-workers don’t know what to say or what they can do to help, and often wish someone could just give them some ideas. In addition, the employer does not know what to expect from a grieving employee.
Michael’s Place helps businesses and agencies in Northern Michigan by:
* Helping employees understand how to support a co-worker who has had a death in the family
* Helping employers provide a compassionate method for employees to resume work while being sensitive to their grief
* Helping agencies cope with the death of several clients in a short period of time
* Providing materials for employers and employees to read and tools to use so they can better understand the grief process in their particular situation
* Providing practical suggestions for people to help their grieving co-workers.
Michael’s Place staff is available to provide assistance in groups or individually and assist the employer at the business location, at the Michael’s Place Family Support Center, and by telephone or email. We are here to help with whatever works best for your business or agency.
To access support for your business or agency, please call (231) 947-6453 or email at GoodGrief@MyMichaelsPlace.net and let us know how we can help.